AFAM = Application Form for Academic Mobility / LA = Learning Agreement / DR = Declaration of Responsibility
1. INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FILL THE APPLICATION FORM
Application Form for Academic Mobility - AFAM
The AFAM (available HERE) is divided in seven different sections (A-G) as listed below. The student must fill (type write on computer) as well print the form with BLACK BLOCK CAPITALS and complete all the sections. The application form is self-explanatory and will not demand more than 1 hour to fill all the gaps.
The student will find bellow the structure of the Application Form for Academic Mobility:
- SECTION A – Program Details
- SECTION B - Your Personal Details
- SECTION C - Academic Information
- SECTION D - Details of previous Higher Education
- SECTION E - About Your Language Skills
- SECTION F - Proposed Funding Arrangements
- SECTION G – Supporting Documents/Materials Checklist
2. INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FILL THE LEARNING AGREEMENT
One of the most important parts of the Application is the Learning Agreement - LA. The student will find the learning agreement template HERE. As the name itself says, the International student must choose the course that he/she is intending to study at Mackenzie Presbyterian University (MPU) and propose/request them, by listing them all in the form. The applicant is freely able to choose the discipline/subject from the lists available HERE. Information about the courses curricula is indicated on the link "Matriz Curricular" of each course available.
The learning agreement must include ALL THE REQUIRED DETAILS (code, name of the discipline/subject, credits/hours and the course) for this reason we strongly recommend the applicants to carefully read the content of each one of the disciplines.
The student may need additional information on how to prepare your learning agreement so they can contact directly the International Academic Representative (IAR) – in Portuguese: Professores Representantes Internacionais.
The IAR is a full-time professor located in each one of our 09 faculties (Academic Units). The IAR is the responsible for the academic issues related to the mobility of all international students at his Faculty. He is also the person that will help the students to reach the Course Coordinator and the Faculty Director in case they need.
Please, find a list with the names of all IARs HERE.
Supporting documents for MPU Application
In the Section G of the Application Form for Academic Mobility the student will find a list of documents that you will need to provide in order to apply. The student must send all those supporting documents along with your Application Form and Learning Agreement. Any delay in sending the correct materials to the International Office will most probably result in your application not being considered.
Bellow the student you will fin the list of supporting documents (the same list of the SECTION G of your Application Form for Academic Mobility).
Learning Agreement (from MPU and from the Home University)
Nomination from the Home Institution
Motivation letter (signed by the student)
Recommendation Letter (from a university professor)
Passport copy (page containing you ID/photo and number)
University Transcript of Records (ToR).
International Health Insurance
Certificate of Proficiency in Brazilian Portuguese – B2 level.* (except lusophone countries).
Declaration of responsibility
* PLEASE NOTE * To ensure students are able to follow classes, they need to have attained at least level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages in Portuguese. If the applicant is not able to present a valid Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese, he will be offered a semester free of charge Portuguese course at Mackenzie Language Center. For further information about the MLC, please CLICK HERE
3. FILLING THE DECLARATION OF RESPONSIBILITY
All students are required to fill, print and sign the Declaration of Responsibility available HERE.
4. FINISHING YOUR APPLICATION
In order to finish the application, the student must submit the Application form for Academic Mobility and Supporting documents (AFAM) + Learning Agreement (signed by the competent authority his/her home University) + Declaration of Responsibility.
Please, send everything at once in PDF format to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org