Our objective is teaching Portuguese from an active and situational perspective. Our course is recommended for students above 13 years old who need to learn the language used both in everyday activities and also in more formal situations, at the same time practicing the four language skills: listening, grammar, writing and speaking.
Besides being involved with grammar structures and vocabulary, the students will be able to get in contact with cultural, geographical and historical aspects which are fundamental for a more complete exposure to the environment in which Portuguese is spoken.
7 (seven) semesters – 3 (three) years and a half
2 semesters (Basic)
1 semester (Pre-Intermediate)
1 semester (Intermediate)
3 semesters (Advanced)
INFORMATION FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
Secretary opening times: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5h30 pm
- In case you have some knowledge of Portuguese you can take a test: in our internet page or at the Secretary office.
- The courses take place from mid February to June and from August to mid December.
- Payment: total value divided in 5 installments: one at subscription and the others on each 10th
- The material for the classes is not included in the price of the courses.
- Classes last 90 minutes twice a week or 180 minutes once a week.
- Resources: audio, video and labs.
- Number per class: around 15 students.
- By the end of each level you will get a certificate from Mackenzie Language Center.
- Your staying permit must be stated in your passport. It must be a permanent visa, a student visa or one valid for the period of the semester. It is the students’ responsibility to file for a valid visa.
- For information about the visa you must contact your embassy, the consulate or the Brazilian Federal Police Department.
- It is necessary to do the same process every semester to renew the visa.
- Subscriptions for foreigners must be processed only personally or by proxy, but they can also be made online, following the necessary procedures.
- The foreigner must write this proxy in his/her country of origin.
- It must be registered in an official department in his/her country of origin in two languages: Portuguese and his/her native language.
- The foreigner sends this letter of proxy to his/her Brazilian representative with a copy of his/her passport and his/her personal information.
- The Brazilian representative will come to MLC-Mackenzie Language Center personally with all the documents. If everything is correct, we will fill in a subscription form (containing the student’s personal data, address in Brazil and contact info) and the representative will pay an entering tax of R$ 500,00 (subscription). After this tax is paid, we will give the representative a letter of reservation with the time of classes, starting and finishing dates and the general amount of hours of the course. The letter will be given in 3 working days. In case the student is not able to get his/her visa, this money will not be refunded.
- The Brazilian representative will register the letter in either of the following addresses:
- Then he/she will send the letter to the foreigner and he/she will ask for his student visa. As soon as it is ready he/she will be able to enroll.
- We cannot make a reservation not even a subscription for two semesters.
- Required documents are simple copies from: RNE (Registro Nacional de Estrangeiro) or identification page of your passport and a photo size 3X4.
- After formalizing your registration and the presentation of our Educational Services Contract (both need to be signed), we can issue a declaration in which the foreign student will be said to have an enrollment in his/her name for the 1st semester 2018.In case the student decides to interrupt the attendance to the course before the end of the semester, he/she must fill in a form at the Secretary, to document the fact. If this is not done, the student is responsible for the payment of the next installments, even not coming to class anymore.